Today I was doing some original cataloging for a DVD - Combined heat and Power .
There was also a cataloger's meeting of all the catalogers for the library. We covered various issues , such as with Theses and eBook records.
Later in the afternoon, I was at it again with answering reference questions at the desk and working on the Online Reference Tools LibGuides.
One of the reference librarian, Kristen, had a class come into the library. I was able to sit in and see how she teaches her classes. It was really insightful to see an approach of how you can try to teach incoming students who would rather be on Facebook or doing something else when the class is really to their benefit for their research...
Just before the library closed, there was an email question that came in about a journal article. Turns out the library has it, but unfortunately its only in print.
No comments:
Post a Comment