(June 7th? Already?!) *Sheesh - where did time go?....
Today I was working on cataloging DVDs:
Life and works of Michelangelo
Horse sculpture of Deborah Butterfield
What's race got to do with it?
For the 'Horse Sculpture' record, there wasn't an authority record for Deborah Butterfield, so I got to create one. :)
We got a new version of ALEPH and had to get that set up and working OCLC so that I could export my records. :) I didn't get to exporting all my DVDs today, so I will have to do it tomorrow. Tomorrow is already my last day. (Crazy! Time goes by too fast...)
I got into a discussion with Shelby about some more things with RDA, specifically how things are translating for it and that some changes needed to happen because of the ONIX books peoples.
In the afternoon, I was at the reference desk. Most of the questions that took longer than others was helping patrons use the Microsoft product, Word and Powerpoint.
There was a time capsule sealing ceremony today as well at the library. (See post about Time Capsule.)
I worked with Victor in the evening at the desk. We got into a discussion over doing reference at various types of institutions and federated searches like UA has for their OPAC and various other related topics.
I also discovered the marker drawer. Today was a great day! (Apparently those draw erase markers work on water bottles very well...)
No comments:
Post a Comment