Well I have pretty much finished all the different types of cataloging projects that I was assigned. For cataloging I worked on cataloging more DVDs:
Art 21 : Season 5
Lascaux, a new look
Art of the American West
I was at the reference desk again for the afternoon. (Dictionary man strikes again!)
Long story other than there is a person in the area who likes to call all the libraries almost every day with a question about a word. They call us to find out the meaning of any word or how a word should be used. We don't know who it really is, but it's more of a nickname that was given.
Aside from phone questions, I started to work on the reference binder again. I tried to work with a wiki for the binder but I'm not having very much luck. I went to our resident computer guru for some help - I know he's very busy but he'll help in anyway he can with the time I have left.
I also worked on understanding how Meebo would work for the reference librarians and how that gets embedded into the LibGuides and what not.
Oh which reminds me - I embedded a Meebo chat thats really me on the Online Reference Tools LibGuide so that they could see how it functions.
No comments:
Post a Comment