Well I started to put some records together for the DVDs I was given. But then I got distracted by an OCLC presentation.
The OCLC presentation was about their services that they could offer the library (Web-scale Management Services and cooperative cataloging.) It was good and I was able to follow what they were talking about.
After lunch, I was talking with Sally and she asked me about using social networking tools for this library. I discussed this with the other reference librarians here, who seemed to be mostly for it. Today I answered my first real reference question too!! The patron was looking for a specific book. It turns out that the library did not have it but I found that the Grand Forks Public Library had it!
I used WordCat to find it. Don't remember the name of the book now but eh I found it. Win! :)
I started to learn about LibGuides and started to build them for the library here. The one for English was the first one that I did, and I suggested that they could do: add print resources to their specific guides and as well as work with the specific departments for more resources. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment