The spring semester has come and gone....and SUMMER has arrived!! Yays!
This summer semester is my last semester (already?!) at the University of Alabama's SLIS program. It's been an awesome experience so far! For this last semester I am only taking 6 credits - 3 credits for an internship and 3 credits for an online class (Traditional and Digital Storytelling).
For my internship I was able to get an internship set up with the library that inspired me to be a librarian.
It's been a interesting path for me -
starting out as a workstudy student working for miniumum wage at the Access Services desk, (aka Circulation) and working my way up to where I was trusted with opening/closing the library, helping with patron billings, and other tasks usually done by staff. Then moving on to working fulltime as a Cataloger until I found that I couldn't resist knowing more about librarianship. The people of the Chester Fritz Library were instrumental and my supporters/mentors to going for my MLIS. (A little sappy I know but the truth!)
Ok so - moving onto : Why do an internship with CFL (Chester Fritz Library) at UND?
Well, for one, I wanted to do it here because I've worked here and know the people.
And for another, I know they would give me the best nonpaid intern librarian who they already knew experience. :)
Lastly, well I just can't stay away from here....neither can Glim the gnome. (He missed Access Services...)
I knew that I was in the right place to do all of this when I walked in Thursday last week to talk to Shelby and Sally about what I would be doing for my 150 hours. (Shelby is the heads up Aquistions and Cataloging, and Sally heads up Reference.) Everyone was really happy to see me! I felt right at home again here. :)
What I get to do- well in a nutshell: advanced/original cataloging projects and reference.
Win!
Let the adventure begin!
No comments:
Post a Comment