Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 0ish

Well Thursday, the 13th, was the first day that I showed up at the library but I really didn't do anything other than talking about what kind of things I would do during my 150 hours. I talked with a number of the staff while I was there - they were soo excited that I was back. It felt so good to come back into the library!

Anywhoozers, I talked with Shelby about the types of cataloging projects she was going to give me. Then I talked a little bit to Sally about reference. I did have to talk to Karen in Administration to sign a form about doing work for the university that's unpaid.
Shelby told me that I would do things such as cataloging a manscript collection, videos and streaming audio files. Also I might be doing some authority work, and cataloging in Dewey and learn some more information about RDA. Yays! :)

It actually wasn't a whole day that I was there...I was actually only there for about a couple hours...
it was so good to step through the doors of the library- its like walking into an old haunt of yours that you loved to be but your life path lead somewhere else. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment